To sync data between two devices, you will need to create a uTrack account, take a backup of your projects and restore them on the other device. Following are the steps to sync data between two devices after enabling the Collaborate feature:
Step 1 – Setup uTrack account
- On the ‘Collaborate’ screen, tap on ‘Create a new Account’.
- Create a uTrack account by setting up your user-ID and password.
- Add an email that you wish to register with your uTrack account.
- Tap on ‘Create Account’ button.
Your uTrack account will be created. You will now be able to share/retrieve tasks with other users and backup/restore data on multiple iOS devices.
Step 2 – Backup Data
- On the ‘Collaborate’ screen, tap on ‘Backup data’ button.
- By default all projects and walls are selected (You can deselect any projects/walls that you do not want to include in your backup).
- Type in a unique name for your backup.
- Tap on ‘Create Backup’ button.
This may take a few seconds. Your data will be saved on a secure server. You can now move to the other iOS device and enable the Collaborate feature on uTrack to sync the other device’ data.
Step 3 – Restore Data
- On the ‘Collaborate’ screen, tap on ‘Restore Data’.
- On Restore screen, tap on ‘Login with existing account’.
- Login with the user-ID and password that you created on the previous device.
- Select the backup file and projects that you would like to sync on this device
- Tap on ‘Restore’ button and confirm your action.
This will restore all selected projects. You can create multiple backups and restore them on unlimited iOS devices. Please note that this feature overwrites any pre-existing projects that have the same name of the projects being restored. Please make sure to rename your existing projects before restoring a backup to avoid any data loss.